ECPAT France is taking action against the exploitation and trafficking of children in France but also in Europe, particularly in countries facing the same phenomena and/or hosting the same displaced children in the context of their exploitation.
The organization also operates internationally in the following situations:
When a link exists on a problem of child sexual exploitation between France and:
- A tourist country affected by child sexual exploitation in travel and tourism and visited by French nationals;
- A country of origin and/or a country of transit of victims of trafficking exploited in France;
- A country of origin of children victim of online sexual exploitation by a French national or when child sexual abuse materials are ordered, exchanged, viewed or purchased in France.
In technical support to ECPAT International as part of its development.
Over the period 2018-2021, ECPAT France will support the strengthening of the network in Africa and the Middle East.
In France and abroad, ECPAT France supports partners (civil society, professionals, politic leaders, etc.) in order to implement following actions:
- Raise awareness and mobilize a large audience to break the silence, reduce the demand and social tolerance on child sexual violence;
- Reduce the risks and vulnerability of children and youths;
- Identify victims of child sexual exploitation and promote reporting mechanisms to ensure support for each of them;
- Strengthen legal framework and its application, public policies and the appropriate allocation of resources for the protection of children;
- Promote and facilitate access to justice, recovery and reintegration children.